How to get a working holiday visa

The Canadian Working Holiday Visa programme is managed by International Experience Canada (IEC).
Each year they agree a quota of visas with each country that holds a working holiday agreement with Canada. The visa itself permits you to work, live and travel in Canada for 12 months (more for certain countries). Each country has different quotas so you have to check the specific requirments for YOUR COUNTRY. Find out if you are eligible here:

You have two options to choose from when applying for your visa.
1. Apply direct with IEC
If you go with this option, make sure that you read all of the information, instructions and FAQs thoroughly on the IEC website relevant to your country. If you follow the step by step instructions, you should have no problems.
2. Apply with an agent
These companies offer additional support with your visa application and services, such as jobs and accommodation advice, orientation sessions on arrival and some even include your first nights accommodation in a hostel. Of course, there is a higher cost involved with this option but it does take care of certain issues that you may not have time to consider.

Documents for applying
This year the application has gone online for most countries and so some of the process has changed regarding documentation. Its usually the some forms as before such a police background check and CV etc. But now they are submitted online. As this means the application process is consistently changing FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY ABOUT HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MOST RECENT ROUND – DO NOT FOLLOW ADVICE ABOUT LAST YEARS APPLICATION ROUND. If you have any questions, contact the IEC support or clarifications on documentation. The process is also different for each country so this guide cannot list general instructions.

Disclaimer - Everything changes over time and so can the information mentioned within. Always consult official sources regarding visa requirements and travel to another country. This is not an official source.